Are You Experienced? New Orleans Wine and Food Experience

WINE Pic Here’s an added bonus for those of you attending DRI2012, May 20-23 in New Orleans: Our event coincides with the  New Orleans Wine and Food Experience (NOWFE), a free festival in the French Quarter!

 

The festival runs May 22-26, 2012 and is an epicurean delight. “A feast for the taste buds. A harmonic convergence of oenophiles and culinary connoisseurs,” according to organizers. And it’s even the festival’s 20th anniversary!

 

NOWFE spotlights the city’s legendary restaurants along with fine wines from around the globe. It has been named a “Perennial ‘Top Ten’ Wine and Food Festival” in Wine Enthusiast magazine and it has received rave reviews in many other national and international media.

 

One of the must-do events of the festival is The Royal Street Experience, a lively stroll through the French Quarter’s most elegant street. Live music, food and wine make for a festive offering, plus a gala parade by the New Orleans “funsters,” the Krewe of Cork, whose logo is a cluster of grapes and whose motto is “To serve and pour!”

 

Over the past 20 years the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience has raised more than $1 million for non-profit organizations, while showcasing local food and chefs, and national and international wines. This year in an effort to fight hunger and support culinary education, the 2012 beneficiaries will share 100% of the proceeds. Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans (that’s one of our Volunteer Day projects!) and Acadiana will receive 40 percent and the following will share the remaining 60 percent: the Louisiana Restaurant Association Education Foundation’s ProStart Program, Delgado Culinary Arts School, New Orleans Center for the Creative Arts’ Culinary Program, the John Folse Culinary Institute and the Edible Schoolyard New Orleans.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s