On Wednesday, Forbes revealed answers to what it calls the seven “great unsolved mysteries that are accompanying the great cloud computing migration of the 2010s.” So, if you want the answers to the following questions, read the article in its entirety here.
- Who really pays for cloud?
- Is cloud really cheaper in the long run?
- Is it sustainable for vendors to cannibalize their own business to get into cloud?
- Is cloud computing a step backwards in the openness movement?
- Who owns the data and intellectual property in cloud?
- Is data actually safer in the cloud than on-premises?
- Are the gigantic cloud data centers energy resource hogs, or are they actually saving natural resources?