October is now a great time to engage your organization in cybersecurity: It’s has been designated National Cyber Security Awareness Month. This initiative features activities over five weeks to increase awareness and resiliency of the nation in the event of a cyber incident.
Each week has its own theme:
- Week 1: General Cybersecurity Awareness: 5 Years of Stop.Think.Connect — Focusing on cybersecurity as a shared responsibility to empower all Americans to be safer online
- Week 2: Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity at Work — Highlighting the common threats businesses and employees are exposed to, with resources for business and employees to stay safer online and enhance their existing security plans
- Week 3: Connected Communities: Staying Protected While Always Connected — Providing best practices for using mobile devices and social media
- Week 4: Your Evolving Digital Life — Highlighting the “smart world” we live in and the importance of educating all citizens on cybersecurity as more and more of the devices we use become connected to the Internet
- Week 5: Building the Next Generation of Cyber Professionals — Looking to the future of the cybersecurity workforce, and emphasizing the need for properly trained cybersecurity professionals
Click here to learn how you can become involved — you can start by using the hashtag #CyberAware in your social media activities.